Monday, October 27, 2014

Recipe: Pomegranate Molasses - Glazed Carrots

I love this recipe.  It's practically effortless, and the carrots come out so delicious!  It reminds me of a recipe my mother used to make when I was a kid, with carrots cooked in maple syrup and butter, but this is more suited to an adult taste palette and isn't so sweet, or fatty.


Pomegranate Molasses - Glazed Carrots
5 large carrots
Olive oil
Kosher Salt and Pepper
Bottle of Pomegranate Molasses (sold at Middle Eastern food stores)

1. Preheat oven to 425-degrees-F.
2. Cut the carrots into strips, 3-4" long and about 1/2" wide
3. Place on baking sheet.
4. Drizzle with olive oil.
5. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.  I like to salt just a little generously on this dish.
6. Toss to coat.  Don't crowd on baking dish, give each carrot stick a little space.
7. Bake for 25 minutes, stirring about halfway through.
8. When browned, drizzle with pomegranate molasses to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment