Wednesday, January 14, 2015

The Shower!

Renovating an old house is something I've always wanted to do.  I've never been scared away by peeling paint or rusty radiators.  However, if I had millions of dollars, I would not be living in the house while I renovate.  It is pretty awful to have all the dust and tools and holes in the ceilings while trying to live peacefully.  But I don't have a million dollars, so I soldier on through heaps of construction detritus.

Also, the wait times are excruciating. I bought this shower fixture at least 6 months ago, because we had to put in piping that lines up properly before the drywall even went in-- but before it could be installed, there was literally months of tiling.  Sooooo much tiling.  Tiling since November.

And this pretty thing just sat in the box for 6 months.  I just prayed that it worked after that much storage, because you can't return things that old.



But now, I get to shower here every morning!  Under a rain showerhead that makes me feel like Cleopatra.


Also, in case you're disoriented, this is the much-discussed shower of marital compromise.  And for more of the whole bathroom design, which is nearing completion, check out this post

No comments:

Post a Comment